Here is a yummy recipe to make this month!!
NEW YORK APPLE-BOURBON CAKE
4 medium apples (Cortland, Empire, Jonagold), peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
½ cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Whipped cream or Breezy Hill Hard Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. Place the apples in a large shallow dish and pour the bourbon over the apples. Cover and set aside, stirring occasionally to keep the apples evenly coated with the bourbon.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together the sugar, oil and eggs with a whisk until completely combined.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a large bowl. Stir in the nuts, the egg mixture and the bourbon-soaked apples with their liquor.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or Breezy Hill Hard Sauce.
BREEZY HILL HARD SAUCE
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 tablespoons Calvados
In a medium bowl, cream the sugar, butter and Calvados until light and fluffy.
Chill for 2 hours before enjoying it!!